Monday, November 28, 2011

My life is pretty sweet


November 28, 2011

Life is pretty much getting into a rhythm now so that’s why I’m inclined to blog less, I think! We are on the tail-end of our first of many trips to the same ports here in New Zealand and it’s been nice to be able to get off, see what the towns are like, and then know for the next time we’re there where to go and what to do. Today we were in Tauranga which is on the northern end of the top island of New Zealand and tomorrow we will be in Auckland again—we were there when we made the first crossing down here. Either the next time we are in Tauranga (Dec. 13) or the time after that (Dec. 28) we are going to go White Water Rafting and I’m excited for that but I am also scared out of my mind! There are allegedly 7m waterfalls and such that you go over and if you sit in the back you’re more likely to get tossed out so…I told the guys that I call dibs on a front seat!

It’s been a relaxing time off for me, normally when I’m not on Assist or Duty I have Rockwall shifts and also Spotlight shifts for the shows each night. Well, since we’ve been in ports we don’t have Rockwall every day so that’s been one less thing for me to deal with, and we’ve had production shows and some easy headliner shows so doing spots hasn’t been too bad, either! Lucky me!

We are coming up on our awesome 2 night overnight in Sydney that everyone is pretty excited about. We will arrive in Sydney on December 3rd at 9:00am and then we leave on December 5th at 6:30pm. I’m not sure what we’re all going to try to do but we have nothing scheduled in the theatre on the night of the 3rd, which is great because normally we’d have our farewell show that night and then the guests leave on December 4th but since it’s an overnight they just put a movie in the theatre. That means we can all go out to dinner and pretty much do whatever we want…except for the person who is on duty, poor guy.  I’ve been there twice already, it’s not too awesome knowing that everyone is going out and you have to be stuck on the ship with nothing to do that night!

So I think a few of you appreciated the itinerary that I posted on here so that you all know where I am in the world each day, ergo, here is my itinerary for December and the first part of January:

Dec 1- Sea Day
Dec 2- Sea Day
Dec 3- Sydney
Dec 4- Sydney (Turnaround Day)
Dec 5- Sydney
Dec 6- Sea Day
Dec 7- Sea Day
Dec 8- Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, New Zealand
Dec 9- Dunedin, New Zealand
Dec 10- Akaroa, New Zealand
Dec 11- Wellington, New Zealand
Dec 12- Napier, New Zealand
Dec 13- Tauranga, New Zealand
Dec 14- Auckland, New Zealand
Dec 15- Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Dec 16- Sea Day
Dec 17- Sea Day
Dec 18- Sydney (Turnaround Day)
Dec 19- Sea Day
Dec 20- Sea Day
Dec 21- Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, New Zealand
Dec 22- Dunedin, New Zealand
Dec 23- Akaroa, New Zealand
Dec 24- Wellington, New Zealand
Dec 25- Sea Day (Merry Christmas!)
Dec 26- Napier, New Zealand
Dec 27- Volcanic White Island, New Zealand
Dec 28- Tauranga, New Zealand
Dec 29- Auckland, New Zealand
Dec 30- Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Dec 31- Sea Day (Happy 2012!)
Jan 1- Sea Day
Jan 2- Sydney
Jan 3- Sydney (Turnaround Day)
Jan 4- Sea Day
Jan 5- Sea Day
Jan 6- Noumea, New Caledonia
Jan 7- Lifou, Loyalty Island
Jan 8- Vila, Vanuatu
Jan 9- Champagne Bay, Vanuatu
Jan 10- Luganville, Vanuatu
Jan 11- Mystery Island, Vanuatu
Jan 12- Isle of Pines, New Caledonia
Jan 13- Sea Day
Jan 14- Sea Day
Jan 15- Sydney (Turnaround Day)

So, unless anything changes that’s where I’ll be and when! Nothing should change because the company already knows the New Zealand ports now and so the only weird thing could end up being the ports in Vanuatu and New Caledonia (islands in the Pacific), so, we’ll see!

Otherwise I guess I don’t have much to add! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and I’m looking forward to receiving Christmas packages and cards (**hint hint**)! Just in case you don’t have these addresses anymore or at all, here is some VERY VITAL INFORMATION for you :D

Send valuable things and packages bigger than shoeboxes to:
(My first and last name go here)
Technical Stage Staff
Radiance of the Seas
2935 West Corporate Lakes Blvd
Weston, FL 33331

And send letters or cards and tiny packages to:
(My first and last name go here)
Technical Stage Staff
Radiance of the Seas
P.O Box 019081
Miami, FL 33101-9081

Maybe it’s weird for me not to put my full name on here since there’s enough information on this blog for someone to find my identity if they really want to, but, I will make it a little bit harder for them at least, haha! Also make sure to always put a return address on anything because if you don’t they will look at it suspiciously and it may not make it to me. Keep in mind also that things will take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to get out here from Miami, so, don’t send anything time-sensitive or perishable! Chocolate is ok, I can still eat a melted blob of chocolate, teehee.

Okay, I think this post is sufficiently long enough!

Love you all so much!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment